Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Curious???



I was eager to write with my father’s fancy pen,
To have the feel of his power and authority

I was curious to wear my mom’s dress and makeup,
to see if I look like her

I was desperate to learn how to ride a bicycle
I would fall many times, injure myself but never gave up

I was eager to finish my education
To face the world all by myself

I was ready to usher in the world of Grownups
little did i know that
Growing Up means following the rules
Growing Up means to be in a rut
Growing Up means locking the little window of innovation
Growing Up means caring more about what people think of me
Growing Up means striving for acceptance
Growing Up means forgetting the original me
Growing Up means becoming fearful
Growing Up means not trying hard enough....

I’m not saying that all adults live a mundane life but I can definitely say that children are innovative
So what makes us loose the inquisitiveness??
why do we get influenced so easily??
I don’t know, but I’ve figured out one thing-
It’s always good to embrace childhood,
It broadens my vision, keeps me in a learning mode
and most important I’m not afraid to try new things

I guess we can reduce dullness from our lives
by reliving the good old childhood days!!!!!!






15 comments:

  1. amazing... beautifully written..
    true childhood memories are always precious..n golden ones..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more. As long as you hold on to those good old days, you'll grow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS. SO well-said. I have always felt that one of the keys to a happy life is to never lose our childhood enthusiasm and curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful one.
    Childhood, I fell I will never get past it. Like I'm living in it, shall continue too.
    Growing up doesn't seem like my piece of cake!
    I don't know if it sounds a little weird, but how far does childhood sound from being married? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every once in a while I wish to go back to my childhood again. I miss the innocence the most.

    ✗ℴ ♡

    +To Me It Matters+

    ReplyDelete
  6. childhood is the most innocent yet the most amazing ohase of life but the bitter truth is that we cant live those days again...:)
    keep writing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey i thought i left a comment here..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well written ! :)

    Your blog has been nominated for the Liebster award. For more details, please visit : http://momentsilike.blogspot.com/2013/04/an-award-comes-my-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! So true! As I watch my 3 little kids, this is what's going through my mind. My 5 year old wants to be a grown-up....little does she know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @GR: Thank You
    @Everyday Girl: I know, kids just cant wait to grow up..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete